Steuben Glass

Steuben Glass was founded in 1903 by Frederick Carder. In 1933, Arthur Houghton, Jr. began to focus on making “the most perfect crystal the world has ever known.” Steuben’s 10M formula possessed unsurpassed brilliance and clarity with an extremely high index of refraction. Steuben artisans created internationally recognized and admired glass pieces. The Erlacher Steuben Glass Collection features vintage Steuben. including ornamentals, animals, vases, bowls, barware, and exhibition pieces.

fullsizeoutput_384c.jpeg

Max Erlacher engravings

Max Roland Erlacher, at age 15, began studying the fine art of copper wheel glass engraving at the newly established Glass Technical School in Kramsach, Austria. Upon completion, he went to Vienna to begin work at J&L Lobmeyr. In 1956, He earned his Master Certification, and one year later he arrived in Corning, New York to begin his illustrious career at Steuben. One-of-a-kind examples can be found at the Corning Museum of Glass, The Smithsonian Institution, Annenberg Collection, and other private collections worldwide.

IMG_0975.jpg

Lotton Art Glass

Lotton Art Glass began in 1970, when Charles Lotton decided to pursue his passion and start blowing glass. Charles is entirely self-taught and started a family legacy of world-renowned art glass. Charles, his three sons, and his grandson create some of the finest glass which has been declared the Tiffany of tomorrow. Their work can be found in private collections of many serious collectors of art glass, the Smithsonian Institute, the Corning Museum of Glass, the High Museum, and the Art Institute of Chicago. It has been said that "just as the names Tiffany and Steuben ushered in the art glass movement of the 20th century, Lotton Art Glass will surely lead the way into the 21st." Kitty and Max Erlacher have known the Lottons for over 48 years, and they carry a beautiful selection of their glass including vases, bowls, lamps, paperweights, and perfume bottles.

fullsizeoutput_3968.jpeg

Eric Hilton

Eric Hilton, born in Scotland where he studied at the Edinburgh College of Art. He arrived in the US in 1971, settled in Upstate New York, and had a long association with Steuben Glass in Corning. Eric’s sculptures and panels are deeply etched by sandblasting. His pieces are found in private collections, museums, and large installations including Rockefeller Center. The Erlacher Collection features a varied assortment of Eric’s finest works, perfectly sized and suited for today’s excellent interior spaces.